The Quotes tab allows users to view real-time pricing information on financial instruments. To switch to this tab, use the bottom panel of the MetaTrader 5 for iPhone.
The following price information is shown here:
- name of the financial instrument
- Ask price
- Bid price
- the time of the last quote
- the lowest price for the current day (Low)
- the highest price for the current day (High)
For the High and Low of symbols whose charts are built at Bid prices, the Bid High and Bid Low prices are displayed. If a symbol chart is constructed using Last prices, Last High and Last Low prices are shown for this symbol.
Information Display Mode
To switch between the full and reduced representation of price information, use buttons "Simple" and "Advanced" at the top of the screen.
In the "Advanced" mode, detailed symbol information is shown, including spread, time, High and Low prices. In the "Simple" mode only the Bid and Ask prices are shown.
List of symbols
In order to remove a symbol from the list or change its position, tap at the top of the screen. To add a new symbol, tap at the top of the screen.
To save traffic, disable unnecessary symbols.
To hide a symbol, go to the edit mode by tapping "Modify" at the top of the "Quotes" screen.
To hide a symbol, select it . Then tap on .
To change the symbols display order, enter the symbols list edit mode by tapping "modify" at the top of the "Quotes" screen. Then tap on the desired symbol, and holding it, drag the symbol to the desired position.
To add a new symbol, tap at the top of the "Quotes" tab.
Select a group of symbols. To quickly find the desired symbol, use the search bar at the top of the screen. When you start typing the symbol name, appropriate filtration is applied.
To add a symbol, tap against it. When you are finished, tap "Done".
Symbol Properties #
Symbol trading terms are shown in this tab. You can switch to this screen using the "Properties" command in the context menu of the "Quotes" tab.
The following parameters set by a broker are shown here:
- Symbol name and description – name of a symbol and its short description;
- Spread – spread in points. If the spread is floating, then the appropriate record is specified in this point (floating).
- Digits – number of decimal places in the price of the symbol.
- Stops level – channel of prices (in points) from the current price, inside which placing of Stop Loss, Take Profit and pending orders is not allowed. When placing an order inside the channel, the server will return the "Invalid Stops" message and will not accept the order.
- Contract size – number of units of the commodity, currency or financial asset in one lot.
- Margin currency – currency, in which the margin requirements are calculated.
- Profit currency – currency, in which the profit of the symbol trading is calculated;
- Calculation – method of profit and margin calculation: Forex, Futures, Exchange Futures, Exchange Stocks, FORTS Futures;
- Initial margin – security deposit (margin) provided for a fixed-term contract to perform a one-lot deal. If the initial margin value is specified for the symbol, this is the value that is used. Margin calculation equations are not applied to the appropriate calculation type.
- Maintenance margin – minimum security deposit (margin) a trader should have on his or her account to maintain a one-lot position;
- Hedged margin – the margin charged per one lot of hedged positions. Margin calculation mode using the larger leg for hedged positions can also be specified here.
- Margin rate – margin rates for various order types are specified in this table. The rates are set for the initial and maintenance margin individually. If no ratio is set for the maintenance margin (set to zero), the initial margin ratio will be used for it.
- Market Buy Order – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for long positions relative to the basic margin amount;
- Market Sell Order – multiplier for calculating margin requirements for short positions relative to the main amount of margin;
- Buy limit – multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Buy Limit orders relative to the main amount of margin;
- Sell limit – multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Sell Limit orders relative to the main amount of margin;
- Buy stop – multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Buy Stop orders relative to the main amount of margin;
- Sell stop – multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Sell Stop orders relative to the basic margin amount;
- Buy stop limit – multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Buy Stop Limit orders relative to the main amount of margin.
- Sell stop limit – multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Sell Stop Limit orders relative to the main amount of margin.
- Trade – symbol trading mode (full access, long only, short only, close only). Also, trading can be completely prohibited.
- Type of orders – types of orders placed:
- Good till today including SL/TP – orders that are valid only during one trading day. With the end of the day, all Stop Loss and Take Profit levels are deleted, as well as pending orders are removed;
- Good till canceled – pending orders are preserved as a trade day changes.
- Good till today excluding SL/TP – only pending orders are deleted at the end of a trading day, while Stop Loss and Take Profit levels are preserved.
- Minimal volume – minimal deal volume for the symbol.
- Maximal volume – maximal deal volume for the symbol;
- Volume step – step of volume changes;
- Volume limit – maximum allowable total volume of an open position and pending orders at the same symbol and in the same direction (buy or sell). For example, the limit is 5 lots. If have a buy position of 5 lots, you can place a Sell Limit order of 5 lots. But you cannot place a pending Buy Limit order (since the total volume in one direction will exceed the limit) or place a Sell Limit order above 5 lots.
- Swap type – type of swap calculation:
- In points – the specified number of points of the security price.
- In the base currency – the specified amount in the base currency of the symbol.
- In the margin currency – the specified amount in the symbol margin currency;
- In the deposit currency – the specified amount in the deposit currency.
- As a percentage of current price – the specified percentage of the symbol price at the time of calculation of the swap.
- As a percentage of the open price – the specified percentage of the position open price;
- In points, re-open at Close price – at the end of the trading day the position is closed. The next day the position is re-opened at the close price +/- the specified number of points.
- In points, re-open at the Bid price – at the end of the trading day the position is closed. The next day the position is re-opened at the Bid price +/- the specified number of points.
- Swap long – swap for Buy positions.
- Swap short – swap for Sell positions.
- 3-days swap – day of the week when a triple swap is charged.
- First trade – the day when the financial instrument trading started;
- Last trade – the day when the financial instrument trading ended;
- Face value – nominal bond value set by the issuer;
- Accrued interest – part of the coupon interest of bonds, which is calculated in proportion to the number of days since the coupon bond issue date or since the previous coupon payment.
The lower part shows information about quoting and trading sessions of the symbol.
Symbol properties have the landscape view mode.
Trade Statistics #
To view statistical data on a symbol, tap "Statistics" in its context menu.
The statistical information includes:
- Bid – bid price;
- B. High – Bid High, the highest bid price for the current day;
- B. Low – Bid Low, the lowest bid price for the current day;
- Ask – ask price;
- A. High – Ask High, the highest ask price for the current day;
- A. Low – Ask Low, the lowest ask price for the current day;
- Last – the last price at which a deal was executed;
- L. High – Last High, the highest price at which a deal was executed for during the current day;
- L. Low – Last Low, the lowest price at which a deal was executed for during the current day;
- Volume – the volume of the last executed deal;
- V. High – Volume High, the highest deal volume for the current day;
- V. Low – Volume Low, the lowest deal volume for the current day;
- Deals – the total number of deals executed during the current session;
- Deals Volume – the total volume of deals executed during the current session;
- Turnover – money turnover for a symbol for the current session;
- Open Interest – the total volume of effective contracts (futures, options) which have been settled yet;
- Buy Orders – the total number of buy requests;
- Buy volume – the total volume of buy orders;
- Sell Orders – the total number of sell requests;
- Sell Volume – the total volume of sell orders;
- Open Price – the open price of the last (recent) session;
- Close Price – the close price of the last (recent) session;
- Average Weighted Price – the weighted average price for a session;
- Settlement Price – the settlement (clearing) price of the previous session;
- Price Change – price change in percentage terms; Indicates the difference between the price of a last deal (Last) and the close price of the last session in percentage terms: ((Last - Settlement Price)/Settlement Price)*100.
The number of available statistical values depends on the brokerage company and the type of the financial instrument.
Context Menu #
To open the context menu, tap once on any of the symbols. The menu contains the following commands:
- Trade – go to performing trade operations with the specified symbol. This button is not displayed when the app is not connected to the server.
- Chart – view the chart of the specified symbol.
- Properties – open symbol properties.
- Statistics – open trade statistics of a symbol.
- Depth of Market – open Depth of Market for the symbol, if available.
- Cancel – close the context menu.