The tab allows users to view real-time pricing information on financial instruments. To switch to this tab, use the bottom panel of the MetaTrader 5 for iPhone.
The following price information is shown here:
- name of the financial instrument
- the ask price
- the bid price
- the time of the last quote
- the lowest ask price for the current day (Low)
- the highest bid price for the current day (High)
Information Display Mode
To switch between the full and reduced representation of price information, use buttons "Simple" and "Advanced" at the top of the screen.
In the "Advanced" mode, detailed symbol information is shown: spreads, time. High and Low prices. In the "Simple" mode only the Bid and Ask prices are shown.
List of symbols
In order to remove a symbol from the list or change its position, tapat the top of the window. To add a new symbol, tapat the top of the window.
To save traffic, disable unnecessary symbols.
To hide a symbol, go to the edit mode by tapping "Modify" at the top of the "Quotes" window.
To hide a symbol, select i t. Then press the button .
To change the symbols display order, enter the symbols list edit mode by tapping "modify" at the top of the "Quotes" window. Then tap on the desired symbol, and holding it, drag the symbol to the desired position.
To add a new symbol, tap at the top of the "Quotes" tab.
Select a group of symbols. To quickly find the desired symbol, use the search bar at the top of the page. Symbols are filtered as you type in the symbol name.
To add a symbol, tap against it. When you are finished, tap "Done".
Symbol trading terms are shown in this window. You can go to this window using the "Settings" command in context menu of the "Quotes" tab.
The window displays the following set of parameters set by a broker:
- Symbol name and description – name of a symbol and its short description.
- Spread – spread in points. If the spread is floating, then the appropriate record is specified in this point (floating).
- Digits – number of decimal places in the price of the symbol.
- Stops level – channel of prices (in points) from the current price, inside which one can't place Stop Loss, Take Profit and pending orders. When placing an order inside the channel, the server will return message "Invalid Stops" and will not accept the order.
- Contract size – number of units of the commodity, currency or financial asset in one lot.
- Margin currency – currency, in which the margin requirements are calculated.
- Profit currency – currency, in which the profit of the symbol trading is calculated.
- Calculation – method of profit and margin calculation: Forex, CFD, CFD Leverage, CFD Index, Futures, Exchange Futures, Exchange Stocks, FORTS Futures;
- Initial margin – security deposit (margin) provided for a fixed-term contract to perform a one lot deal. If the initial margin value is specified for the symbol, this is the value that is used. Margin calculation formulas are not applied to the appropriate calculation type.
- Maintenance margin – minimum security deposit (margin) a trader should have on his or her account to maintain a one lot position;
- Hedged margin – the margin charged per one lot of hedged positions. Margin calculation mode using the larger leg for hedged positions can also be specified here.
- Margin rate – margin rates for various order types are specified in this table. The rates are configured separately for the initial and maintenance margin. If no ratio is set for the maintenance margin (set to zero), the initial margin ratio is applied used for it.
- Market Buy Order – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for long positions relative to the main amount of margin;
- Market Sell Order – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for short positions relative to the main amount of margin;
- Buy limit – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Buy Limit orders relative to the basic margin amount;
- Sell limit – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Sell Limit orders relative to the basic margin amount;
- Buy stop – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Buy Stop orders relative to the basic margin amount;
- Sell stop – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Sell Stop orders relative to the basic margin amount;
- Buy stop limit – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Buy Stop Limit orders relative to the basic margin amount.
- Sell stop limit – a multiplier for calculating margin requirements for Sell Stop Limit orders relative to the basic margin amount.
- Trade – symbol trading mode (full access, long only, short only, close only). Also, trading can be completely prohibited.
- Type of orders – types of orders placed:
- Good till today including SL/TP – orders that are valid only during one trading day. With the end of the day, all Stop Loss and Take Profit levels are deleted, as well as pending orders are removed;
- Good till canceled – pending orders are preserved for the next trading day.
- Good till today excluding SL/TP – when a trade day changes, only pending orders are deleted, Stop Loss and Take Profit levels are preserved.
- Minimal volume – minimal volume of a deal for the symbol;
- Maximal volume – maximal volume of a deal for the symbol.
- Volume step – step of volume changes.
- Volume limit – maximum allowed cumulative volume of an open position and pending orders by a symbol in one direction (buy or sell). For example, if the limit is set to 5 lots, a user can have an open buy position of 5 lots and place a Sell Limit order of 5 lots. But, the user cannot place a Buy Limit (because the cumulative volume in one direction will exceed the limit) or place a Sell Limit of more than 5 lots.
- Swap type – type of swap calculation:
- In points – the specified number of points of the security price.
- In the base currency – the specified amount in the symbol base currency;
- In the margin currency – the specified amount in the symbol margin currency;
- In the deposit currency – the specified amount in the deposit currency.
- As a percentage of current price – the specified percentage of the symbol price at the time of swap calculation;
- As a percentage of the open price – the specified percentage of the position open price.
- In points, re-open at Close price – at the end of the trading day the position is closed. The next day the position is re-opened at the close price +/- the specified number of points;
- In points, re-open at the Bid price – at the end of the trading day the position is closed. The next day the position is re-opened at the Bid price +/- the specified number of points.
- Swap long – swap for Buy positions;
- Swap short – swap for Sell positions.
- 3-days swap – day of the week when a triple swap is charged.
- First trade – the day when the financial instrument trading started;
- Last trade – the day when the financial instrument trading ended;
- Face value – initial bond value set by the issuer;
- Accrued interest – part of the coupon interest of bonds, which is calculated in proportion to the number of days since the coupon bond issue date or since the previous coupon payment.
The lower part shows information about quoting and trading sessions of the symbol.
Symbol properties have the landscape view mode.
To open the context menu, tap once on any of the symbols. The menu contains the following commands:
- Trade – go to conducting trade operations with the specified symbol. This button is not displayed when not connected to the server.
- Chart – view the chart of the specified symbol.
- Properties – open symbol properties.
- Depth of Market – open Depth of Market for the symbol, if available.
- Cancel – close the context menu.