Working with windows
The main part of MetaEditor workspace is intended for editing source code of programs. All currently opened files are displayed as tabs. To start editing a certain file, click on its tab.
Location of file windows can be changed by Window menu commands or Standard toolbar. To expand or collapse the tab, double-click its name.
The context menu of tabs features the following commands:
- New Window – open a copy of the current tab in a new one. A sequence number of the copy is added to the tab name;
- Compile – compile the current program code;
- Compile Open Files – compile all files currently opened for editing;
- Save – save a change in the current window. The same action can be performed by pressing Ctrl+S;
- Close – close a selected tab. The same action can be performed by pressing Ctrl+F4 or clicking the middle mouse button on a tab name;
- Close All But This – close all tabs except the current one;
- Copy Full Path – copy the full path to the edited MQL4/MQL5 program file to clipboard;
- Open Containing Folder – open folder containing the current file.
The context menu of the code editing window duplicates the Edit and the Standard toolbar commands.