This toolbar allows you to search for information in a program text, user files, as well as different MQL5.community sections.
To execute search, enter a necessary word or phrase and click or press Enter. As you type, the system immediately offers the most popular query options. Search results are displayed in a separate tab of the Toolbox window with a convenient division into categories: Articles, Market, Code Base, Signals, Forum, Documentation and Platform.
To configure your search, click :
- Find in document – when enabled, a search is performed within a currently opened file. Found elements are found in the text;
- Find in files – when enabled, a search is performed on all files located in a folder specified in the Find In Files window. Search results are displayed in the Search tab of the Toolbox window;
- Find in MQL5.community – when enabled, a search is performed within MQL5.community website. MetaEditor features the smart and high-performance search throughout MQL5.community – community of traders and MQL4/MQL5 developers. The site contains all kinds of useful information: documentation, forum, blogs of traders and analysts, articles related to programming and platform use. The community provides access to the huge source code database and the application store for the platform.
- Match Whole Word Only – this option allows to search by a particular word form, only the word or phrase that exactly match the search query will be found;
- Match Case – enable/disable case sensitivity when executing the search query;
- Search Down – if disabled, the search is performed upwards from the cursor position in the file. When enabled, the search direction is reversed.
You can search only in one section at a time simultaneously. The section is selected in the settings.