In order to open the settings of the MetaTrader 5 for Android, select the "Settings" item of the side panel which opens by tapping.
The following settings are available here:
- Advanced mode switching between the full and short representation of information in the "Quotes" window. If you enable the extended view, the tab displays additional information about symbols: spreads, time, the High and Low prices. In the simple view mode only the Bid and Ask prices are shown.
- Order sounds enable/disable sound notification of trade operations:opening, modifying, closing positions, placing orders, etc.
- One Click Trading the trading platform allows performing trade operations in one click without additional confirmation by trader (trading dialog is not displayed). The function is available in the Market Depth. Before you start using it, you should accept special terms and conditions.
- Chart view select representation of charts:
- Bar chart show the chart as a sequence of bars.
- Candlestick show the chart as a sequence of Japanese candlesticks.
- Line chart show the chart as a broken line that connects close prices of bars.
- OHLC when this option is enabled, current Open, High, Low and Close prices are displayed at the top of the chart. Therefore, the exact value of the last bar can always be seen.
- Show data window when this option is enabled in the "Crosshair" mode, the data window will additionally be displayed on a chart.. The Data Window displays the values of all active indicators in a specified point of a chart.
- Show volumes volume display options:
- Don't show volumes
- Show tick volumes
- Show real volumes
- Show trade levels when this option is enabled, all current positions and pending orders of a symbol are shown on the symbol chart. Trade operations are displayed as lines with signatures at the level of the price, at which they were executed.
- Independent charts if this option is enabled, all analytical objects will only be created on the chart of the current symbol with selected timeframes. When you switch to other symbols/timeframes, the objects will be hidden.
- Show period separators date and time of each bar are displayed on the horizontal axis of the chart. And this horizontal scale interval is the selected timeframe. The "Show period separators" option draws additional vertical lines corresponding to the larger period (timeframe) borders. Daily separators are drawn for M1 to H1 charts, weekly separators are shown for H4, monthly appear for D1 and year separators are used for W1 and MN1 charts.
- Ask price line show/hide the Ask price level of the latest quote. Bars in the platform are formed based on Bid prices (or Last prices if the depth of market is available for the instrument). However, at opening of long positions and closing of the short ones, the Ask price is always used. The Ask price is not displayed on the chart, so it cannot be seen. To have a more precise control over trading, enable the "Ask price line" parameter. An additional horizontal line corresponding to the Ask price of the latest quote appears on the chart.
- Colors select the color display of the chart and its various elements:
- Scheme Selected a pre-defined color scheme of the chart. There are two color schemes: "Green on Black" and "Black on White".
- Foreground color of the axes, scale and OHLC line;
- Grid grid color;
- Volumes color of volumes and position opening levels;
- Bar up color of an up bar, its shadow and border of a bullish candlestick's body;
- Bar down color of down bar, its shadow and border of bearish candlestick's body;
- Bull candle color of bullish candlestick's body;
- Bear candle color of bearish candlestick's body;
- Line chart color of the chart line and Doji candlesticks;
- Bid price line color of the Bid price line;
- Ask price line color of the Ask price line;
- Stop levels the color of the levels of stop orders (Stop Loss and Take Profit).
- Vibration configuration of vibration when receiving push notifications: never use vibration, in silent mode only, always use vibration.
- Notification ringtone select a sound that will be played when a push notification is received.
- Enable News enable/disable delivery of newsletters to the mobile platform.