This toolbar allows to easily perform a global search of various elements in the MetaEditor.
The search that is performed using the toolbar, can be customized. To do that, press , which is located in its left part. After that a menu with the following settings will appear:
- Find in Document — when this option is enabled, the search is performed only in the currently open file. The found elements are highlighted in the text;
- Find in Files — when this option is enabled, the search will be performed through all the files located in a folder selected in the window of searching in files. The search results will displayed in the "Search" tab of the "Toolbox" window;
- Find in Articles — when this option is enabled, the search will be performed through the articles displayed in the corresponding tab. The search results will be displayed in the "Search" tab;
- Find in Code Base — when this option is enabled, the search of a word or phrase will be performed through the MQL4/MQL5 programs displayed in the "Code Base" tab. The search results will be displayed at the "Search" tab;
- Find in MQL4.com — when this option is enabled, the search will be performed through the whole MQL4.community website;
- Find in MQL5.com — when this option is enabled, the search will be performed through the whole MQL5.community website;
- Match Whole Word Only — this option allows to search by the certain word form, only the word or phrases that exactly match the search request will be found;
- Match Case — enable/disable case sensitivity when executing the search request;
- Search Down — if this option is disabled, the search will be performed upwards from the current cursor position in the file. If it is enabled, the direction of search will be reversed.
Search can be performed through only one section selected in the settings at a time.
In order to start searching, type a word or phrase in the search field and press . Using the button, you can open the list of last ten search queries.