This tab displays results of searching through files.
Information is displayed in the form of a table that has the following fields:
- File/Name — the name of the file, where the line of the search request was found, and the path to it. If the search is performed through articles or "Code Base" then the name of found element is displayed here;
- Line — the number of the line in the file where the sought word or phrase was found;
- Text — the text that was found. The whole construction where the word or phrase was found is displayed here.
Searching Through MQL4.community and MQL5.community
Using the toolbar or the "Online Search" command of the "Help" menu, you can search through the MQL4.community and MQL5.community website. The search results are displayed as a table:
- Title — this field displays the name of an element the desired word/phrase has been found in. An icon of a website section where the element has been found is displayed in the beginning of the field;
- Text — this field displays a part of the text where the desired word/phrase has been found;
You can select the website sections the search results should be shown for, using the context menu. It is necessary to select the "Category" item in it:
- — forum;
- — Code Base;
- — articles;
- — documentation.
The context menu of this tab allows executing the following commands:
- Go To Line/ View — go to the position in the source code where the sought word or phrase was found. If the search is performed through articles, "Code Base" or MQL4.community/MQL5.community then the command of viewing the found element in a separate page of the browser is displayed here. The same action can be performed by double-clicking on an entry or by pressing the "Enter" key;
- Clear — clear the tab of searching through files;
- Category — this command appears when searching through the MQL4.community and MQL5.community website. Using it, one can open the submenu for choosing the website section the search results should be shown by;
- Grid — show/hide grid to separate fields. The same action can be performed by pressing the "G" key;
- Auto Arrange — enable/disable the automatic adjustment of the column size. The same action can be performed by pressing the "A" key.