Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
It is the sum of domestically produced goods and services expressed in prices. The indicator value, at the time of its release, is usually well-predicted by the market based on other data, so it rarely affects the market. It is released quarterly. The index value is repeatedly revised.
GDP is considered in the three independent components:
- GDP as the sum in money for all goods and services produced by business entities, plus taxes, minus subsidies on production of certain goods and services.
- GDP as the amount of funds spent on consumption of goods and services produced, plus export, minus import of goods and services.
- GDP as the amount of the revenue the economy as a whole (i. e. salaries, taxes, balance profit of businesses, etc.)
The index has a significant impact on the market.
- Release Frequency: quarterly.
- Release Schedule: 23:50 GMT, the second month after the reporting period.
- Source: Economic and Social Research Institute.