The journal contains messages about actions performed in MetaEditor. For example, messages about working with MQL5 Storage, availability of a new MQL4/MQL5 Reference or MetaEditor User Guide, etc.
Journal entries are represented in the form of a table with the following fields:
- Time — date and time of an event;
- Source — type of the event: Storage (MQL5 Storage), help (user guide), etc.
- Message — description of an event.
Events are also divided into the following types and consequently can be marked with different icons:
- — informational message;
- — warning;
- — error message.
The context menu of this tab contains the following commands:
- Open — open the folder that contains the journal log files. Also at execution of this command the current journal entries are flushed to the log files. The log file is called metaeditor.log; it is located in the /LOGS folder of the client terminal;
- Copy — copy a line with the information to clipboard for using it in other applications;
- Clear — clear the tab deleting all current journal entries. In this case the entries aren't deleted physically, they can be viewed in log files;
- Auto Scroll — if this option is enabled, then every time a new entry appears in the journal, the list of entries will be scrolled to the last one.
- Auto Arrange — when this option is enabled, the size of table columns will be selected automatically in case he window size is changed;
- Grid — show hide grid to separate table fields.